Sunday 12 January 2014

Start Of A New Year


I know I haven't blogged for quite sometime now but I wanted my first post of the year 2014 to be special. It's been almost three years since I started this blog and I've never done a post wearing my national dress. Some of you have requested me before but since I've been studying outside all my life, I don't know how to wear it. Yes! a little embarrassing to admit this since I am a Bhutanese but this is me trying. Anyway for those of you lovelies who have no idea where I'm from, here's a little info. I'm from Bhutan, a small yet beautiful country in the Himalayas. This is our national dress and it's called the Kira. This piece especially is one of my favorites because of the contrast in the colors and it's details in the pattern. I don't know much about the history and tradition since like I said before, I've never grown up here in Bhutan but if you have any question, leave them in the comment box and I'll try my best to answer as much as I can. 

Even though a bit late, I want to wish all you beautiful people a HAPPY NEW YEAR. I hope this year brings each and every one of you full of love, happiness and success. In the coming year enjoy every single moment; the good, bad, beautiful, ugly, inspiring, the not-so-glamorous moments. And Thank GOD through it all. Also want to thank you for all the love and support you've shown me in the past years through this blog. I am very grateful for it all :)

7 comments:

  1. Happy new year, wish you all the best!!! You look so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look just gorg in your national dress, I guess that us the beauty if our roots, they make us glow as you are in these pics..
    Loved the colors
    I am inviting you to enter phone covers giveaway
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2014/01/spice-up-your-phone-giveaway.html?m=0
    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable post if you want visit my fashion blog!!!
    http://daphniaslife.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors look so great on you dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful ensemble, the colours are so rich! Here's to a wonderful 2014!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Fashion ...We Like It..

    Also Visit us @ www.wholesalesalwar.com

    For Designer Salwar Kameez & Sarees @ www.fashionfiza.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Concerning financial and business news you can purchase in to a RSS channel. This gets you email alerts on the latest breaking news in the business and hold division. Driving news channels and reporting workplaces have overpowered the web. mediosindependientes

    ReplyDelete